What happens in a CI jam?
A jam is an informal gathering of dancers. There is no teacher, but space and time to develop skills and confidence. You are free to dance, rest or sit and watch as you wish. The jam provides an opportunity to explore and integrate newly learnt techniques and to find your own routes into dancing.
At some jams a teacher will facilitate a warm-up or suggest a score to follow such as a focused (silent) jam, the Underscore (developed by Nancy Stark-Smith), or a blindfold (or eyes-closed) jam.
Live musicians will improvise with the dancing at some jams
“Contact improvisations are spontaneous physical dialogues that range from stillness to highly energetic exchanges. Alertness is developed in order to work in an energetic state of physical disorientation, trusting in one’s basic survival instincts. It is a free play with balance, self-correcting the wrong moves and reinforcing the right ones, bringing forth a physical/emotional truth about a shared moment of movement that leaves the participants informed, centered, and enlivened” – Nancy Stark Smith
- Bristol CI Sunday Class & Jam - 18 Feb 2018 - 17:00
- Bristol CI Sunday Class & Jam - 25 Feb 2018 - 17:00
- Bristol CI Sunday Class & Jam - 4 Mar 2018 - 17:00
- Bristol CI Sunday Class & Jam - 11 Mar 2018 - 17:00
- Bristol CI Sunday Class & Jam - 18 Mar 2018 - 17:00
- Bristol CI Sunday Class & Jam - 25 Mar 2018 - 17:00